1. How to Choose the Right Car Detailing Equipment: A Comprehensive Guide
In order to not spend too much money on things that you might not end up using and just get the right equipment, they key is to ask yourself these questions:
Am I going to be detailing cars on the inside, outside, or both?
Am I going to going to hire a car polisher or learn how to polish a car myself?
Am I opening up a stationary car wash, a mobile auto detailing business, or both?
2. Professional Auto Detailing Tools: Essential Equipment for Auto Detailers
As said before, the new technology in our world has been providing a huge selection of more and more accessories and car detailing equipment. Here are some things that every professional detailer should have in their arsenal:
- Pressure washers
- Steam cleaner
- Cold Water or Hot Water Carpet extractors
- A selection of chemicals
- Car detailing brushes
- Set of microfiber towels for glass, wax, interior cleaning and wash mitts.(new for applying of wax and interior jobs, old for working on rims and engine bays)
- Washer/sanitizer bucket
- Car polisher and polishing pads
3. The Importance of Professional Auto Detailing Equipment
The best automotive detailing equipment is critical to achieve a successful result beyond simply washing the car. Nevertheless, if you are looking to take your business up a notch with providing professional detailing. It saves time and makes any vehicle look great or even new.
Purchasing professional car detailing equipment can separate you from others for the completion of the project. When it comes to exterior maintenance it is important that we focus on interior and exterior care.
4. Best Auto Detailing Equipment for Car Interior Care: A Complete Overview
If you are not sure on where to start when purchasing tools and chemicals, there is one machine that you will definitely need: Fortador PRO Max steam cleaner. This machine alone features many different types of cleanings you will be able to perform for an exceptional car care for your clients.
4.1 Fortador PRO Max Auto Detailing Equipment: Steam Cleaner with Vacuum for Superior Results
Professional detailers all over the world have been using this machine and expanding their line of work. Diesel Hybrid Multi Purpose Steam Vacuum Cleaner Fortador PRO Max/PRO Max Deluxe is powered by an efficient Lamborghini diesel burner.
Giving both a steam cleaning and washing function, with the ability to provide two different detergents for remove stains at the same time steaming from up to 4 guns (optional) and extraction gun.
Aside from the steamer, you will also be getting the tools you need for successful detailing job, like the extractor gun, steam gun, and a service kit in case your machine will need a fix in the future.
The steam pressure of 20 Bar or 295 PSI, for use for Car Washing, Car's carpet and upholstery shampooing, vacuum and much more. All enclosed in a single casing with strong wheels, of modern design and made of ecological and corrosion free resistant aluminum alloy.
Having a steam cleaner as part of your detailing equipment already separates you from other professional detailers.
If you would like to know more about pricing and specs of the Fortador business, you contact their team or browse their site.
4.2 Professional Car Interior Steam Detail: Pricing and Benefits
Depending on the location of your business, a steam detail can range in price. However, to give you an estimate, it would cost about $85 for a 30 min interior detail and a regular wash and spray wax outside in Miami. If you were to shampoo a car, it would start anywhere from $200.
5. Top Auto Detailing Equipment for Exterior Cleaning: Achieving Flawless Results
There are many ways to do a detail on the exterior of a vehicle. Besides a simple wash with soap, you can also clay the car paint or buff it. Depending on the wants of your customer, you can also offer to apply ceramic coating on the exterior.
If you are thinking of providing the most with your detailing equipment, you will need a good source of light to be able to see even the tiniest pieces of dirt on the car.
5.1 Fortador PRO Car Detailing Equipment: Advanced Steam Cleaner for Exterior Care
Steam cleaners like the Fortador PRO, which is one of the other models from the Fortador line have a 3 steam mode system: wet, dry and detergent steam.
Wet steam produces more water particles, ideal for cleaning the outside of cars.
Steam is a very efficient cleaning tool that will make any job easier for auto detailers. The steamers cost a lot of money, but you end up making it back in the span of the year with services you provide.
5.2 Professional Car Exterior Detailing: Pricing and Services
Detailing the car on the inside can be a longer process, depending on what you are doing for the exterior. Exterior detail can take anywhere from 30 mins to a 1.5 hr.
If you are a mobile detailing business, you will probably end up using steam on both the car's interior and exterior, which will be a fairly long job. In Miami, the cost for just the exterior would start at $95 for the outside.
5.3 Engine Bay Detail Pricing: Enhancing Performance and Aesthetics
Aside from steam cleaning the outside of the vehicle, you can also steam the engine bay of the car. That process alone can start from about $75.
6. Complete List of Tools and Supplies for a Mobile Auto Detailing Business
Mobile detailing supplies may differ from your regular auto detailing equipment. Instead of your usual detailing products, it is important to have many different types of chemicals that would fit in your van for a proper car care for your clients.
6.1 Key Auto Detailing Suppliers for Mobile Operations
Essential things to have in a mobile auto are a water tank, set of microfiber towels, a compact pressure washer, small bottles with chemicals for easy transporting.
If you want more in depth information on how to build a mobile auto van for your business, here is a guide from our website.
6.2 Car and Truck Accessories for Mobile Detailing Efficiency
If you need extra storage space for organizing your tools and supplies consider to install roof rails and side storage boxes to move extra tools for your detailing and car washing business.
7. Essential Supplies for Equipping a Van or Trailer for Mobile Detailing and Car Washing
Here is an example of mobile detailing supplies we used to build a Mobile Auto Van for our client's exotic car washing business.
Download as a PDF with links to all products
7.1 Main Detailing Equipment for Mobile Operations
- 1 x Fortador PRO Max (Fortador PRO alternative without extraction)
- 1 x Slider for steamer with ramp (no need for trailer)
- 1 x Industrial Ozone generator for odor removal
- 1 x Rigid Wet/Dry Vacuum with detailing kit (for prelimenary vacuuming)
7.2 Power Sources for Mobile Detailing and Car Wash
- 1 x Powerbank 3000W or Honda generator EU2200i with oil
- 2 x Power cord extension 25 ft
- 1 x Power cord splitter
7.3 Water Tanks and Spray Bottles: Crucial Tools for Mobile Detailing
- 1 x Water Tank 26 gal with water pump to refill steamer and washing
- 3 x Bucket 5G for Rinse, Wash and Wheels
- 1 x Set of IK Sprayers
- 6 x Fortador 32 oz spray bottles
7.4 Microfiber Towels, Brushes, and Applicators: Ensuring Quality Results
- 100 x Multi-purpose Microfiber towel
- 3 x Premium Microfiber Towel
- 1 x Wheels woolies
- 1 x Set of brushes for interior and exterior cleaning
- 1 x Tire Shine applicator handle and applicators
Learn more about microfiber towels you will need to detail your car
Learn more about microfiber towel washing right way
7.5 Personal Protection, Storage, and Tool Organization: Maintaining Efficiency and Safety
- 1 x Protective Gloves (50 pcs)
- 1 x Trash bags (100 pcs)
- 3 x Storage box medium for clean/used towels, bottles with chemicals
- 1 x Storage box large for canisters
- 2 x Storage box small for extencions and brushes
- 1 x 2G fuel tank for Diesel
- 1 x 1G fuel tank for Gasoline
8. Auto Detailing Materials: Cleaning and Protection Essentials
If you are a new detailing business and do not know what chemical to get car guys is a trusted shop that sells chemicals for fair prices. They have a selection of soaps, sealants and waxes as well as refills.
The car industry is full of new technology for the best and essential supplies, with many different types of accessories depending on your approach. One thing to not forget is no matter how expensive the chemical supplies you are buying are, make sure the dirt will come off with its use.
8.1 Fortador detail chemicals set
If you are looking to get a steam cleaner as well, Fortador has an online shop with their own line of chemicals and tools like brushes for your car detailing needs. The kit includes:
- Fortador Blue Magic Wash for clay lubing and exterior washing
- Fortador Green Magic Hand Wash and Wax for maintenance wash and protection
- Fortador Yellow Interior Cleaner for interior cleaning
- Fortador Heavy Degreaser for Engine and Wheels
- Fortador White Nano Car Wax for paint protection
- Fortador 50 to 1 Glass Cleaner
- Fortador LeatherVinylTrim Protectant for interior surfaces
- Fortador Paint Cleaner for paint prepping prior coating
- Fortador Tire Gel for rims and plastic
- 12 x Microfiber Towel 16"X16" Black /Orange
- 1 x Premium Microfiber Towel Grey 22"x29.5"
- 1 x Tire Shine Applicator handle
- 1 x Tire Shine pad
- 6 x Heavy Spray Bottle 32 oz with Trigger
- 2 x Fortador Diesel Filter 60 micron
- Fortador Baseball Cap
- Fortador Face Mask
Commonly asked questions
What do professionals use to detail a car?
A: Pro Detailers use a lot of tools to clean a car, download this full list
How long does it take to detail a car?
A: For exterior detail 30-45 minutes, including wash, clay bar and wax. for interior 45-60 minutes without stains removal and up to 3 hours for deep interior cleaning
What tools are needed to detail the inside of a car?
A: You will need vacuum, brushes, steam cleaner and ozone generator to detail car interior
What tools do detailers use?
A: Detailers use a lot of tools to clean a car, download this fulllist